Thursday, May 28, 2009

Post Card Mania

I did it! I wasn't really sure that I could, or would, eventually figure out how to use the Overnightprints site. But, following several techo messes it was conquered. Tah Dah!

It (and an additional 299 clones) made it to Florida and into the Gathering (The International Society of Glass Beadmaker's convention) postcard clearing house (literally, some wonderful lampwork artist's home...poor Heather Ferman). She is wonderful. I just talked to her and she is a really great person to be working on all of this with the Florida lampworking membership. Stuffing postcard boxes has to be a task and a half.

I'm hoping it looks okay - it's an older photo some of you will recognize from my blog but I thought it was colorful and had some skulls in it. Unfortunately, by the time my buddy Susan suggested the postcards it was to late to go crazy trying to get something newer together. It will work. How about you? Are you getting a postcard together? If not, why aren't you? If I can do it - you can do it.

How about the ISGB Aquarium for the Children's hospital. Good cause - get to work ! Go to the ISGB web site and look it up. I'm thinking I will make a chubby Mermaid. None of those thin sleek ones (although they are simply beautiful and Sylvie Lansdowne makes the most scrumptous ones of all). Mine had to be "healthy" and stealth - like a shark, but toothless!

5 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

WOWZA, that is a perfect picture for a postcard, Sharon!! Ya done good :)

Kate said...

I got mine in the mail... pretty nifty there Mom!!! Hope you have a blast in Milwaukee :)

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Glad you like it. Angie, are yoiu going to go to the Gathering?

angelinabeadalina said...

Nope :( Some year, some year... You are going to have a terrific glassy summer, chick!

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Okay, Ang - next year when we drive to Rochester how abouit we pick you up on the way?????