Monday, September 1, 2008

Three, Two, One, Blast-Off

I guess this bead and pendant pretty well sums up my summer. Peace and happiness. Thursday morning I don the jeans, t-shirts, and shoes with backs (usually Keen's) and go back to work. I don't know what ever possessed me to buy an LED bulletin tag, but I have one and I think I'll wear it. It is held on with magnets ( I put it on my shirt like a name tag) and I can program up to 50 letters or spaces on it and tell it how fast to send my message across its' screen. I wear it to work ever so often and the kids think it's hoot. Once I programmed the old adage, "Today's not a good day, and tomorrow is looking iffy!" And then there is always my stand by, "If you have to ask you might already know the answer!" You should see it...well maybe I'll take a photo of it so you can.

The foot (which I now fondly call Franken Foot) is about as healed as it's going to get for the time being. I'm wondering if those new fangled foot munching fish would eat through the scar if I were to find some in the local nail salon and get my toe nails done. Oh Yeah, listen to me, I'm getting ready to go back. The sauciness and irreverence is returning to my persona.

Maybe I better make a bead with gang signs on it, but not for the first day. My poor bosses couldn't take it. They wouldn't know what it meant but they're definitely smart enough to figure out I shouldn't be wearing it.

Did I ever tell you all about my very favorite beady work wear? HHHMMMMMM, don't tell anyone! Once there was a boss who was particularly difficult to deal with. I believe we have, "Come a long way baby" but I like to have my cake and eat it too so I'm standing by that door and that flat tire until some unsuspecting man comes by and does what I think should be "his thing"- if his mother raised him correctly. I was always liberated, albeit at times a little devious, so the super fem attitude never really made me want to cheer and knock down some poor fella. I might need him for that tire thing! Well, she was adamantly feminist - outright tyrannically, in your face, blatantly ball-bashingly so. I work with "little males". I find that I can get a lot more done to help them if I am not acting like them and frankly I have enough to do in a day to keep track of ten of them when there is one of me. It means I have to be sharp, tactful, strong, helpless, and more manipulative than them at any given moment and sometimes all of that within any given five minute time frame. No time for "busting" anything! Now that you have the background (like you needed it!) I can give you the bead story.

She didn't seem to like men to much and I think the same held for strong women. I am a good employee though and like my job so being irreverent with her was not a good plan. I've learned many things in my twenty years...including, "never let 'em see you sweat". You can only help or win if you are in control of you. If aggression is out, and irreverence is ill advised what's left?
Quiet defiance - private joke - peaceful passive resistance - oh so many things. Me, being smart enough to know most of my options were not mentally healthy I went with the private joke.

Are you ready for the bead part?

So you're thinking - Gheeze Sharon I can't take another one of these long posts, get on with it.

Everyone knows I lampwork. I'm a creative and sensitive soul....really! So, I made a fish bead. Some punch line. huh? Hang in there, we're not done yet. This is no ordinary fish. It's a beautiful fish with Angelina Jolie lips and dichroic scales, and fins that flow like a Farrah Fawcett hair-do. There is only one endearing thing that might be considered out of the ordinary for such an extravagantly made creation. The poor thing has this protruding jaw and these wonderful pearly white teeth that stick out willy-nilly from those kissable lips. And every time that fem bot would annoy me with some useless insight I would gleefully smile and push that beautiful fish around with my fingers. It was stress reduction at its finest. And all the time I'd finger that fish while she aimlessly rambled on with her tirade and I'd go to my "happy spot" and think my happy mantra.....Bite Me!

Ready, Set, GO!

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Sharon, You have to show us your fish! Your fish sounds wonderful! Good luck in your job!