Saturday, February 8, 2014

Waxing Fantasy

I've been working on renewing my casting skills lately and pulled out an old piece to finish while watching the Olympics.   I could use a little fantasy in my life (like creative types can't conjure up all kinds of that - LOL) so here is my faerie sitting on a branch.  She will end up being a pendant.  There is still lots of work to do but mostly I'd like for her to stay simple....faerie's ought to be simple, don't you think?


 
You need to ignore the wax colors and look past all of that.  I must have started with a softer blue injection wax and then switched to a red (it's harder) but it all melts out of the investment the same and then it will all look the same.  I'm still struggling with what design to put on those wings - it's always a stumbling block for me.  I'm sure Cinderella was just happy for her fairy Godmother and not obsessing about whether she had dots or swirls on those wings.  There's a lesson to be had there I'm pretty sure.  Especially if my goal is to keep it simple.
 

No comments: