Monday, August 11, 2014

Newest Ceramic Pieces

Here is the first load from the kiln.  Well, the first full load.  I've a tiny kiln I'm using so my loads aren't that big.  But, it's a good start.  Lots of jewelry components.  Hopefully they will be well received at the bead show and on Etsy. 

My first peak inside the kiln - looked promising!  And, ah - whoo hoo -

I did an under glaze of bright yellow on the inside of the bowl for my  lampwork hearts and I love it.  Happened just like I wanted.  I'm still a little stymied about the outside color but rather than detract from the hearts I went with a pearl glaze which will show the red clay through it when it's re-fired.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Leaves from the polymer stamps I made for the clay.

And here we go - not to shabby for the first glaze.  Holiday beads and earring components.
 I'm going to put Santa's or elves with the  "Believe" pieces.

 
One plate glazed and more to paint and get ready for the show.  Maybe I should try some of the "cold glazing" that others are doing and paint a few of them.  I just don't have may paints compared to glazes. It's going to take a whole lot more stock just to fill one jewelry tray with ceramic parts.  Whew!
 
 

5 comments:

Lela said...

WoW! You've been BUSY! Very cool!

NCornett said...

Hey Sharon-
It's Nancy Cornett doing my annual stop by to see what's happening with your art. Looks like you're heavily into ceramics now, too. Some very nice stuff! Have you done that long?
I've continued with metal work and have recently added coloring my metal with various methods - very fun! I also closed my Etsy shop (really was not doing much with it) and started a web page. If you want to check it out, it's www.ausabledesigns.com. Good luck on your upcoming bead show and sweet Daisy.

rosebud101 said...

Love these, Sharon!!!!

rosebud101 said...

Love these, Sharon!!!!

rosebud101 said...

I hope this isn't my second comment, but I love those ceramic beads! They look great!