Monday, August 4, 2014

Glazing takes forever

Here are the first earring components out of the kiln.  It was my experiments.  Two sets are going back in for redo's and the rest are tied together in sets and in a tray already.  These are sets for the bead show.  All the proceeds from that and lampwork are still going to Daisy's hip fund.  We are currently sitting at about $3200. and getting ready.  So far - so good.  I tried the Facebook lampwork group the other day but didn't sell the set I made.  No worry - it will sell at the bead show I'm sure.  To be honest I haven't done but that one listing on the Facebook page.  I'd rather spend the time making things and wait until another time to do more listing.  Efficient is the name of the game at the moment.  I'd rather build up inventory for a big push. 



Gosh glazing is slow.  I guess I could do what others are calling - cold glazing.  LOL - makes me laugh.  They've "painted" ceramic pieces as long as I can remember.  My Mom made the greatest Christmas trees with those little lights.  I love to put mine out every holiday.  So I guess I could "cold glaze" a few and do the antique thing and some paste glazes and stuff.  I might try a few soon and we will see how they go.  It's probably not any faster.  Is there any kind of art that is fast? 

1 comment:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

NO, art has its own speed, I guess, Sharon :) I am happy to read you are doing so well with your fundraiser. Your earring components are very cool and earthy :)