Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Lucky Me - Hot Times

This is going to be a short series of posts called "Lucky Me".  It's been a busy couple of months which is why I haven't posted much....excuses, excuses!

I had been wanting to attend Hot Time in Mountains for quite a few years.  This year was especially sweet for me as it was a class that  Mary Lockwood was teaching.  I've admired her work for a very long time. Unfortunately by the time I inquired it was sold out.  Then there was an opening but I knew I wasn't the first to ask about a slot so I just let it pass.  Then, tah dah - Jeri called me from Hot Times and told me they had a seat if I'd like come and spend the second day there.

Well heck yeah I would.  It was great.  A Touch of Glass is such an interesting old building.  An old firehouse.  It is full to the brim with just the greatest batch of goodies.  I so love searching in every nook and cranny of wonderful places like that.  Oh gosh, and that was besides the fantastic class.

These are photos shots from this great mini-conference.  I know the Spring Hot Times is full but they are taking people for the wait list so just google Hot Times and get yourself signed up!!

Jeri Warhaftig doing a demo
The old fire pole in A Touch of Glass (Asheville)


Dragon by Mary Lockwood.

Fun stuff guys!!

Yeah, I know.  Some times it looks like I've given up lampworking for other art forms.  No so, but right now I am working on an awful lot of things to go with it.  

Have a great evening!




No comments: