Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Art Blogs

I adore the Internet. Everything is so at your finger tips. What I’d really like to try; to see if I’d like them, is a computer drawing tablet. From what I can pick up, Wacom makes a pretty good one. Doodling is kind of second nature to me and I do it all the time – I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned that before. And, the really weird part of that is that I have this surge of inspiration when I am in the car going somewhere (although that doesn’t have a whole lot to do with post). There must be some wild scientific reason for that but I’m pretty unsure of what that might be.

I go through rolling ball pens continually and have never met one I didn’t just love to pieces. The rolling balls help with arthritis issues. A pencil requires pressure to express yourself – not so with a roller ball or felt pen. Nice invention! So, while surfing art blogs on the Internet I found a list of the most visited “art” sites. Among that list was The Art Bead Scene, no surprise on that one. It’s always a favorite of mine.

As I scrolled down the list I also found this site on doodling. It’s called Doodler’s Anonymous, great site with lots of eye candy. They rock; actually, and I’ll be going back there often.

Another outstanding person with a drawing is Armin Mersmann. He teaches drawing at the Midland Center for the Arts here in Michigan. If you want a comprehensive studio class on drawing this is your guy. I’ve seen very few of his caliber. Go to his site and take a good look – what you’re seeing are drawings – not photographs. They remind of paintings by Chuck Close and are beyond realistic. I wish my drawing tablets looked like that.

I know where I get inspiration and have posted on the topic often. What I’m wondering is where do you get yours? What’s turning your crank lately? Where are you when inspiration strikes?

No comments: