Monday, November 15, 2010

Home from Faerie Con but still feeling like Tinkerbell

Green Men from the Green Man parade! They drum, weave their way dancing through the convention, bestow blessings to everyone, and hand out acorns.

Isn't he adorable? He just had his face painted for the "Bad Faerie Ball"

This is one of my favorite outfits at the ball. This young lady was also dressed for the "Bad Faerie" ball. Her costume was just so neat - she's the only "Nightmare Before Christmas" faerie I saw. Too cute!

Well, I arrived home late this evening from Faerie Con. What can I say - it was a blast! I could of - and should of - taken hundreds of more photos of this fun event. But, sometimes you just have to stop and enjoy the party of it all. I wish a hundred of my lampworking friends could have been with me because I know they would have thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I have the photos I've posted tonight and some for tomorrow, then I will close the curtains on this years festivities and start dreaming about next year. Maybe next year I will have more than just Fhairy Strands, a fun tattoo, pixie dust apothecary, and desire for my own costume to show for it. Who knows ???- If you're going to visit maybe you ought to dress the part! I would still like to be the tooth fairy! Back to beadville, reality, and the torch in the morning.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Start workin' on those tooth beads, I say. :-) Looks like an awesome time.

rosebud101 said...

Looks like you had a great time, Sharon! Great photos!

Sharon Driscoll said...

Ah yes, Patty - that is exactly what I was thinking! Think Coinstar fairy! I could hand out off mandrel teeth and plastic gold coins. What a hoot it could be. You know the main Faerie Conference is up in Eugene, Oregon. It might be worth a trip for you West Coast girls for a fun weekend.

Patty said...

Uh Oh. Don't tell me that! Actually, I should probably check it out. I have friends up there who would totally gyrate to that drum beat.