Saturday, February 2, 2013

Purple almost finished.

From the beads I showed in the previous post a decision was made on the bead for the center of the purple tin earrings.  I just couldn't help the choice - the red and teal were the best by far.  I made smaller rivets in silver for the corners and a large bronze rivet for attaching the lampwork bead.  My first thought was to put a centered hole and just dangle it from an earring wire but that seemed a little naked.  It's a pretty light piece for what is going on (and its size) so I decided on a wrapped wire for the top, brass with an overlay of silver.  It swings on that very freely.  I like earrings that have the ability to move effortlessly.  To what you see I will add the earring wire and then I'll oxidize the entire piece.   Almost finished...

ready to oxidize and get an earring wire.

1 comment:

Lela said...

Those are looking great..can't wait to see them oxidized.