Thursday, August 14, 2008

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!

You’ve got to love a Robot. They’ve got such personality. I, Robot was a great movie and then there was the Terminator and of course, my personal favorite, Lost in Space (the TV show). Dastardly coward, Dr. Smith was so much fun to watch and I loved the number of ways he could cause chaos for that robot. Yet, the robot always won. I don’t think scientists are that hapless but it sure makes for interesting TV sometimes.

These days we have "Asimo" the bipedal robot that walks and greets visitors at the Honda headquarters. He can recognize 10 faces and Honda says they will be using the robots as their mail clerks by 2010. There goes my retirement job.

Since I think Robots are just great fun anyway I’m beginning a new series of Robot beads. They hold great promise for facial expressions and personalities…just look at the batch above. “Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!”….Sharon’s creating the next robots. Keep your blog tuned to RTAW for future robot facts and Etsy for hot new Robot Beads.

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Cool! I can hardly wait to see them, Sharon!