Friday, August 29, 2008

Skullishly Wonderful

I'm doing well, thank you! Here is the latest in Sharon's "Skully Wear". A new customer of mine asked for some new skulls in miniature so she could make some earrings. Way cool and a new challenge to try and get them about dime sized. Whew. Mission accomplished and she is very happy. Along with her new skulls I made a few others you can check out on Etsy. Since I like working on a bigger canvas I made a new skull called "Sugar" (how appropriate). The last one had a mole and was called "Cindy" (her namesake is...oh, you know!). Her portrait is included here and isn't she a cutie? She is trying so hard to smile for the camera!

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Wow, those skulls are adorable. And to get them small enough for earrings is very impressive!

P.S. Thanks for your comment-- I'd love to be added to your list :)

Eileen said...

hey sharon...love those skulls of yours...they are the bomb...so cute and adorable...see, great minds do think alike...keep on torchin'...
your lampwork sis...
me :)

rosebud101 said...

sharon you have really captured my imagination with those skulls Love them. Mine are far too serious!

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Thanks everyone. I don't generally work the size of a penny. It was a challenge and I'm kind of an asymmetrical personality so working in "pairs" always seems to be a challenge unto itself. I really like doing the skulls...guess it shows.