Saturday, January 16, 2010

Meet Ms. Mallory Hoffman

I'd like to take the opportunity to introduce a friend and fellow beadmaker to everyone. Mallory has already been mentioned in previous posts but I thought we were long overdue for an interview. Last year Mallory joined Lillian and I on our usual Bead and Button outing in June. It was a joy to finally meet my Internet Pal. It was as if we'd known one another forever. Clearly it was her personality that made me feel that way - I'm more like the flower on the wallpaper. She is outgoing, talkative, and knows a whole lot of us beadmakers. Hey, we're great people to know!

Mallory was kind enough to provide me with answers to a few questions - I really need to develop an "interview style". She is much more dynamic than my lame questions imply so jump right on the clickable parts of this introduction and introduce yourself to her. Mallory has her own blog (For the Love of Beads), and two wonderful stores, one on Etsy and another on Artfire.
Above and below are some of the many beads that Mallory can create and our interview:


Tell us about yourself - Who is Mallory Hoffman?
That's a good question. (Obviously she didn't get to read the Sharon is lame part!). She's someone who had changed and evolved and become addicted to melting glass.

When did you develop an interest in working with glass?
I've loved glass objects all my life. About 4 years ago, I took a basic lampworking class and the rest is history.

What's your favorite color and what are you currently working on...show us, please!
I have about 10,000 favorite colors. Right now, I love turquoise. It's the Pantone color for 2010. Yipeeeee! I'm very eclectic! I just work on what comes to mind.

Give us some advice for a newbie beadmaker
I'll give you the same advice that was given to me: Work every day at your craft, even if it's just 15 minutes a day. You'll be amazed at how much your skills develop in a short time.

And now for some silly stuff. If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be? No fair saying Pixie Marie (Pixie is Mallory's beautiful greyhound rescue) we already know she is great. Check out Mallory's blog for photos of Pixie!
I'd be a hedgehog. They sleep a lot!

Oh, the hedgehog thing. Just one thought on that. I've stayed in a room with you - when do you sleep? She's up early - and busy too. That is very unlike yours truly who is more like the hedgehog and would rather be a rooster like Mallory! Thanks for letting us get to know you and for sharing your beautiful beads.

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Sharon, thanks so much for this interview. It was fun! You made me think, woman! As to when I sleep, remember, I fall asleep in the middle of conversations with you and Lilian. And, as they say, "That's all, folks!"

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

You are oh so welcome. You may fall asleep but you don't snore!