Thursday, September 29, 2011

Playing with Silk


I'm not totally sure where I'm going to keep using the recycled sari silk but I have to tell you I just love the feel of it and am going to keep incorporating it in my work. I purchased a bundle of colors a couple of years ago at B&B and have been hoarding it. There was a pink strand that just seemed to suit these super feminine pair of earrings. And, if you don't like it - well, they're just tied on. But these are soooo cute on your ears with them.

I made the earrings out of some lampwork discs I hadn't listed on Etsy yet and I think I'll make more of those earring wires. There's some cathartic that happens when pounding with a hammer.

There are a lot more designs to get out of the sketchbook and onto the work table....ah, sweet metal therapy.




No comments: