Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back Home

I left so fast I didn't have time to tell everyone I was on my way to Bead and Button!

What a wonderful trip....I finally got up the courage to introduce myself to Andrew Thornton. I've lurked in his blog and left a few comments. What a nice young man. Why am I not surprised at that - he is so articulate in his blog and giving of his artistic views. I also had the opportunity to meet Cynthia Thornton and the beautiful new Max.

A nice happy accident happened when Jeanette Cook (Beady Eyed Women) stopped by looking for a seat and joined Mallory Hoffman and I for lunch at the show. As always, she had on the most beautiful necklace she created. I had to stop by her booth later and get a pattern for it.

Dinner out you say? Absolutely. Lillian, Mallory and I joined Bernadette Fuentes and Isis Ray at the Thai Palace for a great dinner. I ordered a chicken dish and tried (I think, in vain) to explain I did not want it hot. When I told her I was a "chicken" I'm guessing she thought I meant I was no chicken...needless to say, it came volcanically hot. I picked out the chicken and folded it into plenty of rice! It didn't matter. The conversation and company were wonderful. We ate at both Thai restaurants, met up with many old friends and made many new ones. How fun to compare the days activities and talk beads, jewelry, and art.

I'll try and catch everyone up tomorrow. Lots to show and tell. Entirely too many purchases but lots of sales this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I almost made it to B & B this year. I was in WI the weekend BEFORE on vacation. :)