Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Solstice??


Okay, I've been in a cave. I knew the first day of summer was about to hit - I blew it. I promise I'd of celebrated in some weird way or another but I didn't. S0 this post is dedicated to a young friend and artist who did. I've introduced you a very long time ago to some of my "cast mates". We are the core group of people who meet at the Midland Center for the Arts on Tuesday evenings. And there, we support one another - and cast our jewelry.


Once again I introduce you to Mr. John Curry. A young man of much talent and future. Recently he had a show at Delta College of his art work. He also self published a book with some very interesting imagery. Yup, our John is going to go places..... Well, he celebrated the Solstice. He portrayed a wizard and he and his friends welcomed the change by dancing around a fire and having a great time. They're good kids and if anyone should be welcoming a solstice coming it should be the this generation.


Some times I feel as if I am passing the artistic gauntlet when we have students like John around. So willing to learn - yet polite - and caring - not so self-absorbed. It will be a good generation . And, if anyone will would get an honorary gauntlet passed from me, it would be him.

************************************


Dance John - Have Fun - Make Art. Show the others how to make joy in the world. Some artist will need to help do that.....let it be YOU!

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

"Dance John - Have Fun - Make Art. Show the others how to make joy in the world. Some artist will need to help do that.....let it be YOU!"


Ditto what the Sharon said, John... you sound like a terrific young man.

Sharon Driscoll said...

He is a joy to be around! Such a nice young man - makes you wish you could have a "do over" at that age.