Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I LOVE WISCONSIN

Hey There! I thought I'd start the Bead and Button tour with something from the Lake Express Ferry. This is the mural that is on the wall of the ferry terminal. It is a collage of beads and is about 5 by 6 feet or so in size. It's pretty incedible. At the top it says "Come to Wisconsin" and the second line says, "I love Wisconsin - I hope you love it too." There is lots of history on the collage, Harriet Taubman, bridges, lakes, and a motorcyle (the home of Harley Davidson).

"Anyhow," as Lillian would say, it's a great place to begin the show and tell of the Bead and Button trip. It also reminds me of the always intricate and spectacular necklaces by Sherry Serafini.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool. Did you happen to see any of the super-sized jewelry in the river area of Milwaukee.

Sharon Driscoll said...

No, unforunately! I saw a photo someone else had and it was fantastic. Mary Jane and Ron were there and Linda Dana. Next year you HAVE to go too! You can join our happy group and stay with us.

Deb said...

What a fabulous mural that is, Sharon. It looks as if you would discover something new every time you looked at it! I adore art such as that :)
I just have to ask, is it not common for people to use 'anyhow' or 'anyway' to start a sentence, after digressing slightly from the topic, in the USA?
It is here!!lol!

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Hey Deb, yes - it is common to use "Anyhow" here in the States. What I should have added for anyone who doesn't know Lillian is her lyrical Texan accent and how that word comes up sometimes in the least likely spots. Mallory and I would be laughing and poking jokes at one another and all of a sudden our "elder" would, with slightly raised voice, begin her sentance with, Well, anyhow...." We sure would have loved to have you along....