Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Feel Like Dancing - New Work Wednesday


I love the concept of it all, dancing your heart out. Just throwing yourself around to the music with wild abandon. LOL – I can’t imagine what I’d look like if I did that anymore but it sure is an appealing thought. Cleaning the house and torching go so much easier with music. I’ve been doing these “dance” tags to add here and there when I make up component sets. When I decided to make them I googled the origins of the quote.

That was an exercise in futility. Apparently it is actually – if (and that is a big if) I have it correct it can be attributed to Anonymous. The funny part is some people attribute it to Mark Twain but “experts” say there is no evidence of that. Then, others say it belongs to William Purkey. Okey Dokey…never mind.

Here are the two versions – and it looks like there are more. Hahahaha. No matter, I’m just going to go with “dance”.


“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

William W. Purkey

“Dance like no one is watching.
Sing like no one is listening
Love like you've never been hurt
and live like it's heaven on Earth.”

Mark Twain

2 comments:

Tejae: Heart Shaped Art said...

I'm heading over to view your etsy shop.. i love and make heart pendants too.

I’m blog hopping and visiting all the bead soup participants. Can’t wait to see the big reveals.

♥ tejae

Lori Anderson said...

I love that set!