Saturday, January 7, 2012

Super Creative Studio Area

The ceramic studio at Right Turn ArtWerks is an austere department. It’s a humble area and nearly as portable as a plein air easel and paints.

Since I’ve shown you other areas I work in….torch, cast, fabricate, and so on I thought I’d show you where I create the clay “magic”. I have both a wet area and a dry area. Pretty nifty, huh?

I could take an obligatory hundred photos of my set-up –some great close-ups. Do a little Photoshop work and make it look magnificent – grand – maybe even downright arty and ostentatious. At least I’d like to think I could. LOL

Instead, I think I’ll just give you the skinny. Here you go:





Two folding TV tables full of goodies. Storage when I’m not a student in the “Ceramic’s Department “in ArtWerks is a super huge clear Tupperware type container that fits into the closet – 25# of clay and all.

I love working with the clay (actually almost anything creative) – I wash my hands a whole lot but I’ve taken care of THAT problem with a new recipe for hand cream (more later). I guess what I wanted show is you don’t need a ton of room to be creative with something. This is pretty bare bones but it works for me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't need a lot of room to have a lot of fun!

rosebud101 said...

Looks great to me!

Sharon Driscoll said...

If I had a big area I'd just spread out...Hahahaha

Deb said...

Looks Great Sharon - nothing wrong with bare bones work areas, they are far easier to transport if ever the need arises ;)