Saturday, January 28, 2012

Random Thoughts

I wanted to say I see no comments on yesterday's post. Hmmmmmm, I'm not sure why that is - but okay. Just for the record I want to say that I don't believe you should copy any one's work BUT you can not look at the following beads and not see the resemblance to other peoples work. What I am saying is that most all art is derivative of something. And that - is OK. I've mentioned before that I had many an art teacher who espoused "Art in - Art out" philosophies.



At museums when I'd want to take off to peruse my speciality they would stop me and remind me to breathe it ALL in. They pointed out that no matter what you thought might effect you there were answers to your questions in unusual spots but you had to stop, study, analyze, and remember what you had seen. Absolutely.

Today I also sent out my Bead Soup package to my partner. I'm excited to hear what she will think. It was an unusual combo for me to send but I think she's up to the task.

It's snowing like mad here - great reason to turn on the kiln and hunker down.

Tomorrow - the second book giveaway. Yeah!


No comments: