Friday, January 4, 2013

First Tin Experiment Finished

Now the work begins.  I like them.  I like that the dental tool can put waves in the tin.  I like how you can distress the tin or leave it somewhat unscathed.  On the minus side, although the steel (tin) is strong, they can be perceived as - dare I say it - "tinnish".   But, if mounted on another metal it gets a little weight without being heavy.  I actually like some of the earrings I've seen that are all tin and I will go there too but right now is for experiments.  Is some production in the future - uh, maybe,

I decided on lots of dangle and found some very old emerald green glass (old Eastern Indian bottle glass - I've had that strand for over 30 years) and made them the intermediate dangle between the earring hooks (silver) and the reclaimed and riveted tin dangles. 

Light on the ears with lots of movement - I'm old (LOL), not dead!






4 comments:

Alice said...

Sharon, these are wonderful! I love the bold colors!

Lela said...

Works for me!

CraftyHope said...

These are really fab. I love the pop of color and the details you've included. Very cool.

Unknown said...

Thanks Crafty - I've been working on a few more. I really like the wave look to them.