Sunday, January 20, 2013

Glass Goodie Shopping

I make murrini but sometimes you just decide to add a little extra to your mix.  The best place I've seen to add those murrini is from Lori and Kim.  Just click the names for instant access to their site. They make great murrini and in different COE's so you can get whatever you need for your work.  These are the two of the mixes I bought and they arrived in incredibly cute packaging.  Love it!



The other thing I did was to order some Val Cox frits (re: smashed up blends of glass).  I've seen some beautiful work done with the purple rose frit so we'll see how this goes.  It's terrible for devitrification but I'm sure I can figure out something.  The others are old standbys....the "sugar" coating glass, and Gold Iris which makes a great stringer that flames to a nice metallic luster, cranberry (a nice pink) and Beas Bonnet which looks interesting.  I'll post the beads as I make them and identify what is on them - be it murrini or frit - or more like both.

 
And then - about two weeks ago I order these beautiful babies. This from Double Helix Glass. They make some great silvered glass and the very best encasing glass - bubble free stuff. Expensive, yes - worth it - no doubt about it.

 
Yes, it was a bit of a shopping spree but I had a great time and it will all be used. Probably a lot sooner than later. How are your after the holiday splurges going?

2 comments:

DVArtist said...

That first photo looks like candy. LOL
Nicole/Beadwright

rosebud101 said...

Nummy, Nummy, Nummy!!!