Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hearts Keep Coming...

These hearts are all gussied up and ready to photograph
I'm on a roll here and expect to do one more batch of hearts today - maybe with eyes on them or flowers.  I'm not sure yet.  I'll let the mood take me wherever it goes.  Maybe I'll go into my stash too and add some clay pieces to these.  I think I have some clay hearts stashed away from my fall earthenware session.
 
Yesterdays heart batch fresh from the kiln this morning

The largest one will be sandblasted - too bad all of the great underlying silvered glass doesn't show in this picture.  Ack, look at that old yellow Formica on my counter - I guess it's update or move! Oh, if it were only that easy to do that.

Back to the torch...I'm definitely not done with this theme yet.  It's my time of year!

 

6 comments:

Lela said...

Ok, I can see right now that I just need to give this glass kit I have to someone else. I really didn't know you were putting them in a kiln.

I *have* a kiln, but what you're doing just blows me away and I think I'll just leave by that exit over there -----> ∏

BTW: They're gorgeous! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

LOL - Don't fret Lela just bust that tool out and use it. The only thing the kiln is for is annealing the beads when they are complete....it gives them strength to have all the "tension" released before they are used. Hahaha, if that were only so for us humans.

I've been doing glass since the first hotheads came out - gosh '92 or '94 - just not sure.

It's fun and you are definitely talented enough - go for it.

Unknown said...

Excuse the removed comment - I had to delete it because my fingers moved faster than my poor brain and there were too many typo's - DUH.

rosebud101 said...

Sharon, those are beautiful hearts!!! Love them!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Mallory - I like making hearts,